Teach your dog how to shake hand with these simple and easy tricks. A handshake is really a fun dog trick that’s very easy to teach your dog and most dogs breed learn it easily and you know it’s a very good way to impress your friends. If you don’t train your dogs well, you probably may not have a great relationship with them. When you teach your dog how to shake hands, You’re indirectly teaching them obedience.
But before you start teaching your dogs how to shake hands, make sure you must have thought them how to sit first. Click this link to learn how to Train a Puppy to Sit and Stay
To make it easier for you, all you just need is a handful of treats and after just a few short training sessions you will be amazed on how your dog will be offering its paw for a shake each time they meet someone new. It’s not magic!
These simple steps are just what you need to teach your Dog how to shake hands
- The first thing you need to do to get your dog to give you his paw, Gently touch their leg a little bit and as soon as they lift up their paw, even a little bit, give them a treat right away.
- Then repeat this until they master and/or understands that every time they give you their paw, they get a treat from you.
- Always have in mind that, you don’t need to introduce the verbal command until you are fully sure they understand the behavior.
- Finally, don’t go down to tap their paw but instead, bring your hand up a little higher and once again, as soon as they give you their paw you know what next? give them a treat.
- You can now introduce the verbal command once your dog has figured out that once they give you their paws they get a treat.
- Remember to treat as soon as they give you their paw as you only have a couple of seconds to augment that behavior.
Most people will always want to train the entire trick in one session, The truth is that you need to be patient, positive and always end your session on a good note.
Share this article, Remember sharing is caring.